Trying to figure out where to dine for Valentine’s Day? One of these places is sure to please you and your special someone – enjoy candlelight, crackling fires, breathtaking views, and even romantic music. If you don’t have someone special to dine with, gather your single friends and go out and celebrate your singlehood! No one should be robbed of the opportunity to try some great pre-fix menus and experience fabulous service!
1. One if by Land, Two if by Sea: Tucked away in a historic 18th-century carriage house in the West Village, this romantic restaurant has been the setting for countless cozy dinners since it opened in 1972. The crackling fireplace and the tinkling baby grand piano create a stunning scene for impressing your date.
Enjoy romance and award-winning cuisine at Aureole, a charming restaurant located in a brownstone on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. The food is spectacular and the atmosphere is enchanting. A special “aphrodisiac tasting menu” is offered for Valentine’s Day.
5. La Grenouille: Visit La Grenouille for the ultimate in old-fashioned romance and classic French cuisine. Settle into a plush red banquette amid riotous bouquets of fresh flowers and golden sconces. Dine on foie gras, frog legs, and chocolate soufflé. The food is pricey but guaranteed to impress.
7. The House: The House will wow you from the moment you first glance its beautifully restored 1854 carriage house location from afar. Choose from fireside dining on the parlor level, a table on the second floor with a view of Gramercy Park, or a cozy spot at the Chef’s Table in the wine cellar.
8. August: This lovely little West Village bistro achieves the perfect balance of chic and homey. Although space is small, the candlelit ambiance and deliciously eclectic menu more than make up for the tight squeeze. Best of all, the prices are reasonable. Just don’t forget to make a reservation or you may be waiting on the sidewalk for quite a while.
10. Silverleaf Tavern: This elegant restaurant in Murray Hill features an elaborate chandelier, plush leather booths and an amethyst bar. An innovative cocktail menu lets you sample intriguingly-named drinks like the Kama Sutra, the Stone Pole, and the Havana Kiss.